- Canyon Cetina – Thousands of years the Cetina River has been flowing persistently through the canyon, creating magical shapes in its bed. Crystal clear and pleasant for swimming, Cetina River today represents the genuine experience of the intact nature with its 180 meters high cliffs, wild rapids, basins, lakes and subterranean tunnels;
- Gubavica waterfalls – 50 meters high waterfall.
We start the tour with Pick Up at the Split promenade (Riva). Following the highway we will reach Zadvarje. Getting ready for the truly exciting adventure along the Cetina River canyon follows our arrival. After instructors provide you with a life-jacket, a helmet, a long neoprene pants and jacket, the small expedition will be ready for the unknown. Our tour guide will help you to get familiar with the route and rules of the excursion to ensure the safety of all participants. What is canyoning? You slowly go down the canyon while the sound of the river amplifies, so after a ten-minute walk you will find yourself deep in the canyon carved by Cetina River. You walk through the river and rapids, pass through subterranean tunnels, swim in natural river basins, bypass waterfalls and lakes…That is canyoning experience! Swimming in the lake into which the waterfall thunders from a height of 60m and the climb to the “step” behind the “water curtains” will be an experience worth remembering. For thousands of years Cetina River has been flowing persistently through the canyon, creating magical shapes in its bed. Crystal clear and pleasant for swimming, the Cetina River today represents the genuine experience of the intact nature with its 180 meters high cliffs, wild rapids, basins, lakes, subterranean tunnels and a 60 meters high waterfall called Gubavica.
|09:00||gathering at the meeting point in Split – entrance to Diocletian’s palace from the sea side (promenade)|
|09:45||arrival to Canyoning base in Zadvarje village, gathering with the rest of the group in the village|
|10.00 – 10.30||introduction to canyoning activity and taking equipment, shoe rental|
|10:45 – 14:30||canyoning tour on the Cetina river|
|14.30 – 15.00||changing clothes and preparing for departure to Split|
|15:30 – 16.00||drop Off in Split at the meeting point (please have understanding for traffic jams in high season)|
PRICE PER PERSON: 50€
PRICE INCLUDES: both way transfer, instructor, insurance, long neoprene suit, neoprene jacket, helmet, life-vest.
- Previous experience: Not necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 8 years.
- What to Bring: swimming suit, beach towel, dry underwear to change after the tour, sneakers to use in the river the whole time (or rent canyoning shoes).
- Food and drinks: You can find two small shops in Zadvarje and two restaurants with domestic food and coffee.